1. Make an effort to date and set an intention for love; the universe listens, even if it doesn’t always give you what you want.
2. If you’re not excited about the first date, there’s not going to be a second date.
3. When someone offers to pay for dinner or drinks, that does not mean you owe them anything. You don’t owe them sex, you don’t owe them a kiss, and you don’t owe them anything in between. If they think you do owe them, they’re a fucking creep.
4. That being said, if you do feel like doing something because you want to, do it! There are no rules to first dates. If it feels right, go for it.
5. Pay attention to how your date treats the waiter or bartender. It shows you everything you need to know about their character and how they treat people.
6. If someone has trouble communicating, it is not your responsibility to teach them a 101 course on communicating while dating.
7. If you think they might be too old for you, they’re too old for you. You’re thinking about it because it bothers you, and it’s always going to bother you, so accept it now and move on.